**SIDE NOTE** Yesterday also happened to be my sister and her husband’s anniversary, 8 years!! I would link to her blog in the note, except that she doesn’t have one, even though I really think she should...
So as I ponder the last month of our new life I’m thinking about the things I have learned in that time. In no particular order, here are the top five.
- It’s really nice to have somebody else fix the coffee in the morning.
- Even if you normally wash all different colors of clothing together, if you throw in a brand new pink shirt, it WILL ruin your husbands favorite white shirt.
- When you're a newly wed, everyone wants to know what your "biggest problem/fight has been about"...they seem really disappointed if you tell them you haven't really had any big issues...
- You cannot use ALL of your new wedding gifts in your new apartment. Some of them have to stay boxed up in the extra bedroom (and thank goodness we went with the two bedroom!!)
- Once you get married, all of your married friends immediately want you to hang out with them (which we have thoroughly enjoyed!).
I do have to agree with my sister-in-law, Jennifer, and sweet friend, Lauren, who told me that “being married is the best thing ever”, and I am incredibly blessed to have such a wonderful husband. Our daily prayer is that we would live out Ephesians 5:24-26:
“Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit in everything to their husbands. Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her, that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word.”