Pages

Background

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Why the title?

So when I was younger my dad had this great t-shirt that said

“Instant human....simply add coffee.”


(ok, ok, so really it said “just add coffee” but that name was taken, I figured this would have to do)

I had been toying with the idea of starting a new blog and when I woke up one morning and had absolutely no desire to get out of bed, I thought of that old shirt and knew it would be a perfect title. That statement has become increasingly true of me in the last few years. In fact, when I was living at home in my parents’ basement and I would stumble upstairs to the kitchen every morning, my mom would refuse to speak to me until I had a cup of coffee.

So....despite the fact that this blog may be written late at night, in the middle of the afternoon or early in the morning, rest assured that I will not be writing anything until I’ve had some caffeine.

No comments:

Post a Comment