Pages

Background

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Day 3 - I did it!

So I did it! I got up at 5:30 AM and went to the gym...WOAH!


(My goal is to get up at 5:00, but I'm building up to it...especially since schools start back at the end of this week and my morning commute time will double...)


It was definitely hard to roll out of bed, but after a few minutes of saying, "Maybe I should just work out in the evening..." I finally got up.


But I did realize that I CAN get up and go to the gym.  I also realized that I am *SO* out of shape! Already feeling my muscles complaining at me...


I didn't do a whole lot this morning, just got on the treadmill.  I'm giving "Couch to 5K" a shot.  If you haven't heard of that,  where have you been?!  you should check it out! It's broken down into small steps that make it a little easier to get starting in the running game.  And for me, I really need a plan laid out, so I like just following instructions:-)  The first week is a brisk 5 minute warm up, then intervals of 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking for a total of 20 minutes.  Not too bad.


The best part about the whole thing is that I went to the gym, came back home, got ready and left for work EARLY! Whoo!  That made for seriously, stress-free driving to work.


Want to join me from the Couch to 5k??  Leave me a comment letting me know what you're doing so we can encourage each other!


Click HERE to see the entire 9 week plan




Last night Harrison surprised me with a Date Night!  We went out for Sushi in honor of the two year anniversary of our first date...when we went out for sushi :-)







No comments:

Post a Comment