Pages

Background

Thursday, August 4, 2011

21 Day Challenge

The other day, during one of my moments of boredom at work breaks from all my hard work at the office, I made a list.  Now, if you know me, you know that I *LOVE* to make lists (and I also have a fondness for legal pads...), but sometimes the carrying out of the things on the list doesn't happen.

But this is my list




So after looking at my list, thinking through it and struggling to figure out how to accomplish all of those things (and I didn't even put BLOGGING on the list, argh!), I have come up with a plan.


I've heard that it takes 21 days to establish a habit.  So let's just call the next 21 days "Habit Establishment Challenge".  

And since I don't want to be overwhelmed by trying to tackle it all at once, we'll start with just a couple.  Here's the plan (again, there's just something about a legal pad...)




Now, a couple of things to note - This plan will require a couple of things, but the BIGGEST one is that is will require me to get up earlier than normal and give up some of my precious sleep (which also means that this plan will require extra coffee...).  

Also, I realize that this is really dividing the 21 days a little weirdly - since I will only do one thing three times a week and the other two times a week, so I'm not sure how that works with the 21 day philosophy, but we'll see how it goes.  And I gotta start somewhere, right?? 

This does also mean that I will be spending more time with my blog, which I am stoked about! And I think that it will bring some changes to the way I write, and even possibly to the design as I actually spend more time working with it.

So I hope you will join me in my Habit Establishment Challenge.  Follow along, encourage me (PLEASE!) and even consider challenging yourself!




No comments:

Post a Comment