Pages

Background

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

It's ok.

Life is overwhelming sometimes.  I haven't blogged in a week and a half, and I keep thinking "why haven't I written?" but I think I've just been trying to catch up.  I have felt overwhelmed with all of the things on my to do list, and I let it get to me and discourage me.


Thank the Lord, a very dear friend posted the link to this blog: http://www.incourage.me/2011/03/the-art-of-celebrating-your-messy-life-anyways.html


It was EXACTLY what I needed to read!  This quote stuck with me more than anything "Christ invites us to celebrate the full life as the Celebrants - not because we've got it all together, but because He's finished it all at the cross" (Ann Voskamp).


I don't have to be perfect (Praise the Lord!), I just have to be His and walk in HIS perfect plan for me.


Life is hard, but Jesus is good, and HIS grace IS sufficient....even if there are dishes in the sink and laundry everywhere :-)


I don't know about you, but that really frees me up from the stress and worry of being perfect!  And not that God immediately took all of my work away after I surrendered that stress to Him, but I can honestly say I've had a better attitude and a peacefulness about all of the "To Do's".  


I WANT everything to be neat and clean and for my life to be a check list that gets accomplished everyday, but I NEED to know that it's ok if it doesn't work that way :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment