Pages

Background

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Thank Goodness for Three Day weekends!

Eleven months ago today Harrison took me out on our first date. If you had told me that night that I would be married 9 months and 15 days later I would have said “Yeah, right!” I just had no idea what God had in store, but his plan is so wonderful, and the last eleven months have been the best of my life.



In other news, I feel like this has been one of the best weeks since I started working. We have really been praying that our apartment would be a place of peace and rest for us, but I have a hard time resting and being peaceful when there is dirty laundry, dishes in the sink and meals to plan every day.


I have been trying to come up with a plan to make these tasks less stressful, but the last few weeks I have just not been able to catch up! So Monday we were both of work (due to the 4th being on Sunday...YES!!) and we spent some time straightening up and cleaning out. Before Monday night the apartment was clean, the laundry was put away, the dishwasher was running and I had planned all of our meals for the week.


PHEW!! What a relief!! We have had such a peaceful week because of that, and really the apartment is staying neat because I can pick things up as we go along. Praise the Lord!



Monday afternoon (After everything was nice a neat), we went to The Birmingham Zoo. Harrison has been wanting to go since December when we went to Zoolight Safari and there were no animals...only Christmas lights.


So off we went! We had a great afternoon (even though the Sea Lion show was slightly disappointing and they don’t have elephants...seriously??), Harrison took what I call his “Big Camera” (not to be confused with the “Baby Camera” which is a tiny Nikon) and took lots of great animal pictures!


This tiger was HUGE and sleeping so peacefully...

They have Kangaroos visiting for the summer


This was the most serious lemur I have ever seen
"I like to move it move it" (anybody, anybody?"




I even got to brush a Rhino!! Seriously cool!

This Gorilla was eating entire heads of lettuce in one bite
(Rebekah, we took this picture for you)

Pretty bird, pretty bird.




We finished our date day up with a trip to New York Pizza in Homewood. We enjoyed it, but admit that it is not as good as Vinnie Van Go Go’s which is the pizza place we ate at in Savannah (on our honeymoon). Seriously, it’s the best pizza and I keep asking Harrison to please go back there every week, I mean, a six hour drive for pizza is ok, right?


I am also happy to announce that my sister has started a blog! Check it out at www.HendersonCrazyEights.blogspot.com. I’m sure you will enjoy reading about her adventures with her six little ones (aka my nieces and nephews!). And as long as I’m plugging her, I might as well mention that a certain blogger that we all know consulted on her blog name, so feel free to let me know what you think.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout out and especially the picture of the Gorilla, they are my FAVORITE!! Hope your having a great day....ya'll need to come over for dinner soon.

    ReplyDelete