Pages

Background

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Just Running in the Neighborhood

This morning I got up at 5:30 and went for a walk/jog in our neighborhood.

Made me feel kinda cool since our neighborhood is apparently a runner's paradise - there are people running at all hours of the day around here: early morning, blazing hot middle of the afternoon and late at night (the late at night people particularly like to run where it's really dark and wear all black clothing...).

I don't know how far I ran (that's one reason I like the treadmill, I can see exactly what I've done!), but I know that my total time was twenty minutes and when I got back to the house I crashed in the floor. Seriously.  I don't know what happened to my gymnast, in shape body, but it is no where to be found at the moment.

In fact, even as I type this I can feel every muscle that was pushed beyond its normal limit today.

Oh well, I did the Couch to 5K routine - week one again, so here's hoping I will finish week one this time!

2 comments:

  1. I am enjoying reading your blog...you are motivating me! Maybe we can run together sometime. I usually run on Tuesday, Thursday nights at 7 and Saturday mornings with some ladies from my church. We started off with the c25K program and just finished our 4th 5k last weekend. We arent very fast but are determined to keep going!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! You should come run with the group on Saturdays. https://www.facebook.com/groups/160254404042671/

    ReplyDelete