Pages

Background

Monday, January 31, 2011

Birthday Weekend Update!



****WOAH....have you ever written a blog post, thought you posted it, but really just saved it as a draft??  Definitely wrote this a week ago and thought it was posted...WHOOPS! Sorry for the delay on the birthday weekend update****




“Happy” birthday doesn’t even begin to describe it, I had a WONDERFUL birthday with my fabulous and sweet husband and family.
Friday I got home from work and Harrison was ready to GO, so I got ready as fast as I could, threw some clothes in my bag and we were off!
(Unfortunately, in my haste I forgot to grab the camera...so sadly, no pictures....)
Harrison took me to dinner at our *favorite* restaurant Joe’s Italian (which I have mentioned several times before, because it is SO good!).  That’s also the reason he was in such a hurry...it’s a pretty popular place and if you don’t get there early enough you have to wait a long time.  We were just in time because we were seated right away and after that it filled up really quickly!
At dinner he told me that the next surprise was that we were going to stay at Ross Bridge!!
It was such a treat to stay at a hotel, even though it’s just in town, it’s a really nice place and was so nice just to relax and enjoy being with each other.


This is the front of the Resort


What our room looked like!


The view (sort of) from our balcony
(Just outside of this picture to the left, on that ridge is where we got engaged!)


Saturday morning it was nice just to sleep in! Then after a trip to Chick-fil-a for breakfast we headed home.
THEN my parents and (some of) my siblings came over to celebrate!  We ate lunch and enjoyed the cake truffles my mom made! (Seriously, these are the BEST things ever!!)




25 Cake Truffles for My 25th Birthday!
Sunday (my actual birthday) was a sweet time of worship, fellowship and hearing the preached word of God.  I had to be at church early that morning for my first Sunday serving on the Music Team! It is such a blessing to be a part of leading fellow believers in worship.  
So overall a truly wonderful birthday weekend! 

1 comment:

  1. I am glad that you had such a great birthday!. I love Ross Bridge. We were at a Christmas party for Nate's work a couple of years ago. The fireplaces around the pool are awesome!

    ReplyDelete