Pages

Background

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Following...

Well it's Thursday again.  It amazes me how quickly the time is going by.  All the weeks seem to run together and feel the same.  I feel like I spend all week looking forward to the weekend and then the weekend goes by so fast, and the week drags on.  


But I guess that's life:-)


As usual, it has been a pretty normal week.  But I'm very excited about doing bridal portraits this weekend! All the little details are coming together and I'm really looking forward to Saturday!


Also, last night Harrison and I had a lengthy conversation about the photography business.  We both have been trying so hard to "make it work" and to build this business on our own strength.  We finally came to the point of realizing that God is the only one who can build this. So we are clinging to Psalm 127:1:


 "Unless the LORD builds the house, those who build it labor in vain."

If God is not in this photography business we are laboring in vain.

So we are giving it to the Lord, and allowing Him to show us His plan.  

In light of that, we are doing a bit of a starting over in the business.  We are working on some new ideas and plans, but we want to let it settle and pray over it for a while before jumping in with all of these changes.  But it's very exciting and I really feel like these are the Lord's plans and not ours.  Our prayer is that this photography business would be for God's glory alone.  

Be in prayer for us that we will follow His leading, where ever that may be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment