Pages

Background

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Baking Fun

I know I have fallen behind on blogging this week.  Please be in prayer for our family, my Grandma was diagnosed with cancer in February and it was already stage four when they found it.  She has been declining pretty steadily, until last week and she has taken a turn for the worst.  We are all trying to see her and say our goodbyes.  We know we will miss her, but it is hard to watch her suffer and we know it will be a good day when she is relieved of the pain she is in.
This past weekend was plan-free, and yet we ended up with full days.
Saturday morning I wanted to do some baking.  I had been wanting to try out some recipes for a couple of weeks and I was glad for the opportunity.  I made chocolate chip pumpkin bread, and *drum roll please*
I made bread!! Real, honey-wheat, cut up and make sandwiches with, BREAD!  Needless to say, I am very proud of myself.
And my sweet husband was kind enough to capture this morning of baking in photos (complete with a wedding present apron). 

All ready to make bread!
Serious face for serious work



Sunday morning we went to church and then went and spent the afternoon at my Grandma’s house.  Several of my cousins were there and we enjoyed talking to them.  Grandma sat in the living room and talked with us for a while before going to rest.  After my cousins left my mom and I got to spend some time talking before we left.
The rest of this week has been kind of rough.  Work has been frustrating and I feel like I’m just waiting to get the call from my mom.  But we’re trying to go about our business as normal.  But I am mostly feeling overwhelmed by this week for some reason.  
I’m hoping that I can get on top of things around the apartment, we’ll see how it goes...

2 comments:

  1. You are in my thoughts and prayers. My family went through the same thing a little more than a year ago. It's tough.

    I'm glad your bread was such a success! Your apron is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm so sorry to hear about your grandma. congrats on your bread! that is awesome!

    ReplyDelete