Pages

Background

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

3 Day Weekend Update


I think I’ve mentioned before how much I love 3 day weekends! And this one was full of family, friends, food and lots of fun!
The weekend officially started on Friday when our boss let us leave work at 1:00, who-hoo!!  I went to Mom’s shop for a little bit to see her and drive her home, because she had knee surgery last week.  We had a nice little visit and got to talk for a while, which I really enjoyed!
Saturday morning we got up, packed a few things and headed to the lake!  Almost the whole family was there: My parents and younger siblings, my sister and her kids and my sister-in-law and their two boys (My brother is in the navy and currently stationed out of the country).  Yes, it is crazy with that many people there, but still fun to have everyone around.  We tubed, wakeboarded, played in the sand and went down the water slide.  I even got to take my nephew Tyler on the tube and he did not want to get off! So much fun!

I didn't really take pictures this weekend, but my brother, Isaac, was kind enough to send me the ones he took on his Blackberry....sorry for the quality, but they're still cute! Thanks Boog!


Sterling and Tyler...Cousins



Elijah on Papa Mac's Boat



Michael playing in the sand (on "the beach")






Papa Mac with Tyler



Of course, we were also very excited to watch the first Auburn Football game of the season!  The new QB looks good and we are looking forward to a good season.
We stayed at the lake until Sunday afternoon and then went to grill out and eat dinner with Harrison’s parents and sister.  We had a nice visit with them before heading home exhausted from all our activities!
Monday was a wonderful day of relaxing and getting a few things done around the apartment.  It’s so nice to start a work week with all the laundry done and a tidy apartment.  We also ran some errands and even walked around a few furniture stores, just for fun.
That night The Wilders (Andcame over for dinner and most of our conversation was about the exciting news of the weekend.....

But I can't tell you about it yet....sorry!  We're hoping it will be good news soon, but I'll just hint that it is job related.....

Now just onto a short week of work before another weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment