Pages

Background

Monday, July 12, 2010

Birthday Weekend!

As promised here is the update of birthday weekend! Sunday was Harrison’s birthday, but I figured turning 25 is worth more than just one day of celebrating...so we stretched it out for three days!


On Friday afternoon I left work (because we close early on Friday) and I rushed to my mom’s cake shop in Helena, she had made “HA HA Cheesecake” which is the cake Harrison designed himself for his grooms cake (The HA’s are for both of our initials). Then I rushed back to our apartment to set up for his surprise party.


Thursday on my lunch break I had been to the grocery store and stocked up for our steak dinner with friends. My parents bought me a grill back in 2009 when I moved into an apartment, but my roommate and I never used it because we never bought a propane tank....whoops! So I bought one and wrapped it for Harrison to open on Friday.


So Friday I quickly put some decorations up around the apartment. This is the door....







And this is the wall....



And these were EVERYWHERE! (Number 25 and Quarters!)








When he got home I let him unwrap the tank and told him he could hook it up to the grill so we could cook for our friends that were coming over for dinner! Needless to say, he was pretty excited.


I mentioned before that food is a big part of the birthday celebrating. Harrison cooked steaks on the grill and they were YUMMY...however, I forgot to take a picture of the grill master....


But we had a great night with friends, all the guys told stories from “the old days”.



(We forgot to take a picture until after Wes left...sorry Wes!)



Saturday we started out with a lazy morning, and then I fixed breakfast...pancakes and eggs...mmmm.


After we lounged around for a while we decided to drive around looking at houses....this is a lot more fun than it might sound....we are hoping to be buying a house in a few months and we’re just trying to get an idea of what’s out there.


That night we celebrated with pre-Birthday dinner at Sekisui, our favorite Sushi restaurant! We even got free dessert for his birthday...tempura ice cream with cheesecake.







Sunday morning....OFFICIAL BIRTHDAY!... we visited the church where I work to stay a little closer to home for the day. Then we met Harrison’s parents and sister for lunch....Mexican food!


Afterwards we took a Sunday drive, just chillin’ and enjoying time with each other. For Official Birthday Dinner I took my wonderful husband to Firebirds! I had never been there, but it was incredible! We had a very tasty lobster spinach queso dip as an appetizer and then shared Filet and Shrimp for our meal. It was SO good, we couldn’t even finish it all! We did however enjoy another free desert! Seriously....”Birthday” is the magic word.





I’m pretty sure I gained five pounds this weekend, but it was worth it to hear Harrison say “This is the best birthday I’ve ever had”.


I can’t wait til next year:-)






















2 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had a blast! I love Firebirds!

    Good luck with the house hunt. That can be so stressful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great weekend! I remember 25...vaguely.
    I think I'd like Firebirds!

    ReplyDelete